PART-TIME SALES ASSOCIATE
Ceiba SF is currently looking for a responsible, self-motivated and fashion-savvy sales associate to join our small team. This is a rare opportunity, beginning part time, approaching full time for the busy coming months.
Our sales associates are entrusted with:
• selling merchandise
• providing friendly, attentive service
• maintaining tidy store appearance
• loss prevention
• miscellaneous side-projects as they arise
• Outgoing and engaging personality -- We need a naturally pleasant people-person who can make anyone who comes into our store feel appreciated and accepted. Your contagious enthusiasm and zeal for creative fashion should make all types of people feel welcome, relaxed, and cared for. Our ideal candidate is able chat with anyone, support and work creatively with unique & widely-varied style choices, and encourage newcomers to alternative fashion to step out of their comfort zone!
• Passion for Fashion -- Can you put together an amazing outfit? If you're familiar with some of our designers' work, that's a huge bonus. Knowledge of technical language and practical tips is also helpful.
• Flexible. Some weeks will be nonstop action. Some days will be very slow. It is necessary that you are comfortable in both contexts.
• Able to lift a minimum of 20lbs, move around the sales floor and stock area quickly.
• Minimum one year of relevant retail experience required -- experience with the business of fashion/clothing is desirable but not completely necessary.
Our store hours are noon to 8 on every day except Sunday. Sunday shifts are noon to 7. All shifts occur during hours that the store is open for business.
A suitable candidate MUST be available to work Saturday and Sundays, as well as some weekdays, and able to cover shifts as needed:
Beginning immediately: Training will begin at part time, building up to 16-30 hours each week as the busy season begins. Weekend availability is mandatory.
Late June through August: This is our busiest season, Saturdays and Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays will be mandatory, and there will accordingly be some opportunity to work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday supporting shifts throughout those months.
Interested? Let us know by writing a one-page cover letter telling us who you are and why you feel you are suited for this position. Attach your resume as a .doc/.rtf document or PDF and email it to the above Craigslist email address.
We strongly encourage you to show familiarity with our store and merchandise when applying; feel free to check out our social media channels to gain some insights into the world of Ceiba SF!
Please do NOT contact the store directly about this ad.
Please DO check your spam box for our reply.
Resumes without a cover letter will be discarded.
If this post is live, the position is still open.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org